IN THIS SECTION
- Barry Street Health Center
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardio Pulmonary +
- Community Outreach
- Delevan Health Center
- Dental +
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging +
- Digestive Disease Center +
- Durable Medical Equipment / Oxygen Supplies
- Ebola Information
- Emergency Medicine
- The Heart Program +
- Holiday Park Health Center
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Immediate Treatment
- Intensive Care Unit
- Occupational Wellness Center
- Olean General Healthcare
- Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Outpatient Surgery Center
- Pain Medicine Center
- Pastoral Care
- Rehabilitation +
- Salamanca Health Center
- Sleep Disorders Center +
- Surgical Services
- Volunteer Service
- Wound Care +
Programs & Services
The pediatric Unit at Olean General Hospital is a unique area designed to evoke a warm and cozy environment in which children can heal.
Comprised of RN’s, LPN’s and certified nursing assistants, the care provided by the Pediatric Unit spans patients ranging in age from neonates through adolescence and provides a diverse and challenging environment for the nurses staffing the unit. The entire staff works as a team that is patient centered and geared to providing the highest quality nursing care. An interdisciplinary approach allows each nurse to interact with staff as well as physicians and patient families across all clinical boundaries enhancing their professional experience to help assure the best outcomes for the patients.
Each patient is viewed as an individual with special needs and the intent is to always deliver medical care with professionalism, care and compassion. The medical surgical staff charged with working with our patients is specially certified in pediatric advanced life support and coordinates integrate with physicians, surgical care services, rehabilitation services and a registered dietitian to formulate the best care for them.
Our Treatment and Care Facilities
Our treatment and care facilities include:
- neonatal incubators
- infant monitors specially designed to comfortably interface with newborns
- viewing rooms
- specially designed syringe pump intravenous injection systems for the simplified and consisted application of medications
The Pediatrics Unit provides several distinct benefits including the following:
- Nurses with certification in advanced pediatric life support
- A cozy environment that address a child’s need for security and comfort
- A professional nursing staff in tune with the needs of the patient and their family
- Beds with built in exit alarms to prompt speedy reaction when a patient may unexpectedly leave their bed.
- An electronic patient record system that records treatments and assessments of patient conditions.
- A floor staffed pharmacist to assist staff in delivering medications.
- Wii ® Game Equipment for both fun and exercise
Search our online health library.
[ click here ]