IN THIS SECTION
- Barry Street Health Center
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardio Pulmonary +
- Community Outreach
- Delevan Health Center
- Dental +
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Imaging +
- Digestive Disease Center +
- Durable Medical Equipment / Oxygen Supplies
- Ebola Information
- Emergency Medicine
- The Heart Program +
- Holiday Park Health Center
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Intensive Care Unit
- Occupational Wellness Center
- Olean General Healthcare
- Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Outpatient Surgery Center
- Pain Medicine Center
- Pastoral Care
- Rehabilitation +
- Salamanca Health Center
- Sleep Disorders Center +
- Surgical Services
- Volunteer Service
- Wound Care +
Olean General Hospital prides itself in delivering Surgical Services in a manner that considers the needs of the patient before, during and after a specific procedure. It features a comprehensive approach that treats pre-op, the surgical event and the post surgical recovery patient experiences with exceptionally qualified and trained professionals all charged to deliver the highest level of patient care with dignity, compassion and respect.
The medical professionals, who make up the surgical and endoscopy teams and the Post Anesthesia Care Unit at Olean General Hospital are:
- Surgical Team. An OR team consisting of surgeons, anesthesiologists, circulating nurses (RNs) and operating room technicians.
- Endoscopy Team. Gastroenterologists, circulating nurses (RN) and endoscopy technicians.
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). Is staffed by RNs who are all Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified.
The goal is to give superior care and return the patient to a normal life as quickly as possible.
The Hospital’s modern Surgical Services Department is a comprehensive Unit focused on delivering state-of-the art surgical care for a variety of conditions and includes the following:
- Operating Room - with suites, one of which is dedicated to cytoscopy and all of which accommodate surgical procedures for both inpatients and ambulatory patients.
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) - has 8 observation bays where specially trained nurses attend to patients after receiving general or regional anesthesia.
- Digestive Disease Center (Endoscopy) -has 4 procedural rooms and 10 recovery bays to accommodate gastric procedures such as Endoscopic Retrogradecolangiopancreatographys (ERCPs), esophagogastroduodenoscopys and colonoscopies
- Ambulatory Surgery, an Outpatient Clinic - has 14 recovery bays as well as 3 recliners for infusions.
- Eye Laser Center
The Unit performs surgical services for ophthalmology, urology, orthopedics, ENT (ears, nose, throat), general surgery, vascular, thoracic, obstetrics and gynecology. The range of patients spans the very young with the pediatrics services group to the very old receiving geriatric services.
The benefits derived from using the Surgical Services available at Olean General Hospital include:
- A thoroughly modern local facility sensitive to the needs of the community and its patients.
- A professionally trained medical staff fully versed in the latest surgical procedures and techniques.
- A team focused on getting patients back to their normal lives as quickly as possible.
- State-of-the-art visual enhancing technology that provides exceptional clarity during surgical procedures.
- Inpatient and outpatient services that rival much larger institutions.
- Comprehensive pediatrics and geriatrics services.
- Certifications that include Advanced Cardiac Life Support training for cardiac specific emergencies.
- Easy to access, easy to use, easy to understand website based educational resources to help patients become more informed about conditions and options available to them prior to engaging our services.
For more information
If you have any questions about an upcoming surgery, we invite you to contact the Olean General Hospital Patient Educator at (716) 375-6134 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.